7th of June 2011: The GILDA portal, including its Training Material Repository, has been completely re-engineered using the Liferay portlet container as development framework. This is the first step towards the adoption of the Science Gateway paradigm for training and dissemination.
GILDA (Grid Infn Laboratory for Dissemination Activities)
is a virtual laboratory to demonstrate/disseminate the strong capabilities of grid computing.
GILDA consists of the following elements:
- the GILDA Testbed: a series of sites and services (Workload Management Systems, Information Indexes, Data and Metadata Catalogues, Monitoring tools, Computing Elements, and Storage Elements) spread all over Italy and the rest of the world on which the latest version of the INFN Grid middleware (fully compatible with gLite) is installed;
- the Grid Demonstrator: a customized version of the full GENIUS web portal, jointly developed by INFN and NICE, from where everybody can submit a pre-defined set of applications to the GILDA Testbed;
- the GILDA Certification Authority: a fully functional Certification Authority which issues 14-days X.509 certificates to everybody wanting to experience grid computing on the GILDA Testbed;
- the GILDA Virtual Organization: a Virtual Organization gathering all people wanting to experience grid computing on the GILDA Testbed; the GILDA Virtual Organization is based on the Virtual Organization Membership Service (VOMS) developed by INFN;
- the Grid Tutor: based on a full version of the GENIUS web portal, to be used only during grid tutorials;
- the GILDA P-GRADE Portal: a Grid workflow developer and executor environment based on the latest release of the P-GRADE Grid Portal provided by MTA SZTAKI;
- the GILDA User Interface: a gLite User Interface server accessible via SSH from within the web browser;
- the monitoring systems: several tools monitoring the status of the GILDA Testbed and the availability of its grid services;
- the GILDA mailing lists: firstname.lastname@example.org, for system administrators (both lists are restricted to members only).